If you plan to buy a home soon, you will need to know "where you are going." For a most enjoyable home-buying experience, first build a roadmap to your new home, and create a list of priorities that will lead you to your objective - your new home!
The first priority is your timeframe. While cash transactions can exchange in a matter of days, the financing process can take much longer. Thirty to 45 days is the normal timeline on the contract to close process. If it is an emergency such as a 1031 exchange deadline, call us today and we will assist you in a smooth move! We can come up with the answers and provide you with other resources to keep things moving forward (and with minimal stress!). Keep in mind that it may take 30-90 days (or more) to locate the right home, to secure financing, and to complete the home-buying process.
Once your timeline is established, create a detailed description of the home you hope to find. Develop a home search criteria to help you distinguish between "need to have" features and "nice to have" features. Be specific. Include desired architectural styles, number of bedrooms and baths, location, lot size, and other special amenities like golfing, playgrounds, walking trails, etc. Number your preferences in order of greatest importance to you. There is nothing we take more seriously than helping people find new homes they love.
During the home search, we will:
- Discuss the benefits and drawbacks of each home you are shown.
- Keep you informed on a regular basis.
- Check the home search database and with other Brokers regularly for new listings.
- Prepare a list of all homes that best meet your unique needs and wants.
- Keep you up-to-date on changing financial conditions that may affect the housing market.
- Be available to answer your questions and offer assistance regarding your home purchase.
- Discuss which types of financing are best on properties of interest to you.
- Determine what you will qualify for.
- Refer you to qualified Lenders to help you get a mortgage.